Jalon Walker, a four-star linebacker prospect out of Salisbury, North Carolina, will announce his dedication at 2:15 p.m. ET on Sunday stay on CBS Sports activities HQ. Walker has narrowed his decisions right down to Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State and North Carolina. The 247Sports crystal ball provides Clemson a 57.1% likelihood to earn Walker’s pledge, with Georgia proper behind the Tigers at 42.9%.
You possibly can watch Walker’s announcement stay within the video on the prime of this web page, on the CBS Sports App or through your related system (Roku, Amazon Hearth, Apple TV).
Walker is the No. 50 general participant and the fourth-ranked exterior linebacker within the Class of 2022. At 6-foot-2, 220 kilos, he has the pace and flexibility to make a serious affect on the faculty stage. Gabe Brooks, midland area recruiting analyst for 247Sports, supplied this scouting report on Walker.
“Lengthy-framed linebacker with good peak and superb size,” Brooks wrote. “Owns just about college-ready dimension as an off-ball linebacker with body area to presumably develop right into a full-time edge participant, relying on scheme. Ample expertise as off-ball linebacker and strolling as much as the sting. Flashes chase-down athleticism, particularly in bottom conditions aligned on the sting. Exhibits constant explosion from two-point stance as an edge rusher in pass-rushing conditions. Closes properly in pursuit. Athleticism and anticipation permits him to beat blocks to spots to make performs vs. the run. Has proven some encouraging means to choose up backs within the flats and drop into quick zone in protection conditions.”
Walker can have a serious impact on the recruiting panorama it doesn’t matter what faculty he chooses. A pledge to Clemson could be simply the fifth of their 2022 class that at present ranks No. 24 within the nation.