Sports activities kind an especially vital a part of an Indian’s life because the starting. Be it soccer within the neighbourhood fields, watching cricket with household, supporting our favorite groups in IPL, or badminton each night – sports activities get launched to us from such an early age that we will’t consider a life with out it. Whereas we admire the significance of sports activities in our lives on National Sports Day, we must also rejoice all of the upcoming sports activities stars of the nation, who encourage us and make us really feel that the glass ceiling doesn’t exist.
Right here’s the record:
1. Mirabai Chanu – From carrying firewood in her childhood to profitable the silver medal in Tokyo Olympics in ladies’s weightlifting, Mirabai makes us really feel that nothing is unattainable in any respect. The athlete’s shot to fame was on the age of 20, when she bagged the silver medal on the Commonwealth video games.
2. PV Sindhu – This badminton athlete is the primary girl to have introduced house a silver medal from the RIO Olympics in 2016. Her consecutive win got here in 2021, when she bagged a bronze medal in ladies’s badminton class from Tokyo Olympics. This 25-year-old athlete is presently ranked at world’s quantity seven and is without doubt one of the greatest hopes for our nation in badminton.
3. Ravi Kumar Dahiya – A two-times Asian champion and a bronze medallist from the 2019 Wrestling Championship, Ravi introduced the silver medal from this 12 months’s Olympics within the 57kgs class. He misplaced the gold medal to Russian Olympic Committee wrestler and two occasions world champion Zavur Uguev.
4. Neeraj Chopra – Neeraj Chopra made India’s dream come true by bringing the gold medal from the Olympics, within the males’s javelin throw class. This 23-year-old athlete, who received the gold medal at 2018 Asian video games, is the present heartthrob of the nation.
5. Lovlina Borgohain – The Assamese boxer introduced the bronze medal from the Olympics this 12 months. She turned the third Indian boxer to win a medal on the Olympics. She has additionally received bronze medals on the 2018 AIBA Girls’s World Boxing Championships and the 2019 AIBA Girls’s World Boxing Championships.