EWING, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED), enabling energy-efficient shows and lighting with its UniversalPHOLED® know-how and supplies, at the moment introduced that the Firm will current on the Society for Information Display (SID) Display Week 2021 International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition being held just about Could 17-21.
“We’re excited to be share a number of the subsequent era platform know-how developments in our groundbreaking Plasmonic OLED structure and new class of near-infrared PHOLEDs at SID Show Week. As well as, we’re happy to current a joint paper with Intel Company on energy-efficient OLED shows for laptops,” mentioned Steven V. Abramson, President and Chief Government Officer of Common Show Company. “Innovation and invention are on the core of UDC and we’re persevering with to broaden our R&D packages and bolster our product improvement engine. Constructing on and increasing our pioneering work and core competencies is a part of our long-term roadmap to additional allow the OLED ecosystem with modern applied sciences and best-in-class supplies.”
This yr SID’s Symposium will embody a wide range of technical occasions, together with:
- Session 20.1: In an invited paper titled, “Growing OLED Stability: Plasmonic PHOLED,” Dr. Nicholas Thompson of Common Show Company will introduce a brand new natural light-emitting system through which phosphorescent emitters are deliberately coupled to the contact’s floor plasmon mode. This achieves a decay charge enhancement and, with subsequent conversion of the vitality to photons in free house, realizes web positive aspects in effectivity and stability.
- Session 21.4: In an invited paper titled, “Extremely Environment friendly Close to-Infrared Phosphorescent OLEDs,” Dr. Zhiqiang Ji of Common Show Company will report on PHOLED efficiency with an emission peak wavelength at ~800 nm (FWHM=65 nm and PLQY=0.36) with a most EQE (EQEmax) of 9.7%, and an EQE of 8.8% at 10 mA/cm2. Its slender electroluminescence spectrum resulted in additional than 83% and 97% of emission above 780 nm and 750 nm, respectively.
- Session 24.3: In a co-authored paper with Intel titled, “Excessive-Colour-Gamut OLED Shows with Lowered Energy Consumption for Laptop computer Purposes,” Dr. Mike Hack of Common Show Company will present that larger color-gamut OLED shows result in much less energy consumption in comparison with LCDs, thereby enabling higher-performance shows for laptops. Based mostly on Intel’s day-in-life utilization mannequin, DCI-P3 and 97% BT2020 coloration profiles will ship 13% and 18% energy enchancment for OLEDs in contrast with LCDs.
- Session 23: OLED Shows I, the place Dr. Nicholas Thompson of Common Show Company would be the Session Co-Chair.
- Session 25: OLED Materials and Machine Simulation, the place Dr. Nicholas Thompson of Common Show Company would be the Session Chair.
About Common Show Company
Common Show Company (Nasdaq: OLED) is a pacesetter within the analysis, improvement and commercialization of natural mild emitting diode (OLED) applied sciences and supplies to be used in show and solid-state lighting purposes. Based in 1994 and with subsidiaries and workplaces world wide, the Firm at the moment owns, completely licenses or has the only real proper to sublicense greater than 5,000 patents issued and pending worldwide. Common Show licenses its proprietary applied sciences, together with its breakthrough high-efficiency UniversalPHOLED® phosphorescent OLED know-how that may allow the event of energy-efficient and eco-friendly shows and solid-state lighting. The Firm additionally develops and gives high-quality, state-of-the-art UniversalPHOLED supplies which can be acknowledged as key substances within the fabrication of OLEDs with peak efficiency. As well as, Common Show delivers revolutionary and customised options to its purchasers and companions by means of know-how switch, collaborative know-how improvement and on-site coaching. To be taught extra about Common Show Company, please go to https://oled.com/.
Common Show Company and the Common Show Company emblem are logos or registered logos of Common Show Company. All different firm, model or product names could also be logos or registered logos.
All statements on this doc that aren’t historic, comparable to these regarding the Firm’s applied sciences and potential purposes of these applied sciences, the Firm’s anticipated outcomes and future declaration of dividends, in addition to the expansion of the OLED market and the Firm’s alternatives in that market, are forward-looking monetary statements throughout the that means of the Non-public Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You might be cautioned to not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements on this doc, as they mirror Common Show Company’s present views with respect to future occasions and are topic to dangers and uncertainties that might trigger precise outcomes to vary materially from these contemplated. These dangers and uncertainties are mentioned in larger element in Common Show Company’s periodic reviews on Type 10-Ok and Type 10-Q filed with the Securities and Alternate Fee, together with, particularly, the part entitled “Danger Elements” in Common Show Company’s Annual Report on Type 10-Ok for the yr ended December 31, 2020. Common Show Company disclaims any obligation to replace any forward-looking assertion contained on this doc.
Observe Common Show Company