This booklet consists of 14 greatest practices on the applying of expertise for decreasing catastrophe dangers from China, Japan and the Republic of Korea during which the expertise, impacts and outcomes, classes and related challenges are launched.
The Sendai Framework for Catastrophe Threat Discount 2015-2030 acknowledges that science, expertise and innovation are important in accelerating all points of catastrophe threat discount and requires cooperation amongst scientific and technological communities to develop a science-policy interface for efficient catastrophe threat administration. A few of these examples from throughout the hazard spectrum are highlighted.
- Enhancing catastrophe administration via the Nationwide Pure Catastrophe Administration System (NNDIMS)
- Built-in response to the challenges of the hurricane ‘Rumbia’
- Monitoring the dynamic modifications of sea ice through the use of distant sensing expertise
- Landslide catastrophe emergency rescue assisted by UAV distant sensing expertise
- The resident-engaged group catastrophe threat evaluation and mapping
- The Actual-time Earthquake Injury Estimation System
- Improvement and popularization of environmentally-friendly catastrophe resilience expertise by efficient utilization of gabions
- Purple Reduction Picture Map innovation to 3D visualization
- Aster: Creating sustainable catastrophe mitigation with seismic coating by way of enterprise
Republic of Korea:
- Flood Forecasting and Warning System reduces unexpected catastrophe dangers
- Korea’s single catastrophe and security communications community (Secure-Internet) makes nationwide catastrophe administration infrastructure stronger with environment friendly connectivity
- An ICT-based self-quarantine secure safety app for the COVID-19 pandemic
- Public-private partnered emergency drone operation crew for catastrophe response
This booklet is printed by the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS), in collaboration with Nationwide Catastrophe Discount Centre of China (NDRCC), Asian Catastrophe Discount Middle (ADRC) in Japan, and UNDRR Workplace for Northeast Asia & World Schooling and Coaching Institute (UNDRR ONEA & GETI) within the ROK to comply with up the outcomes of the fifth and sixth Trilateral Ministerial Conferences on Catastrophe Administration.