BHUBANESWAR: Because the State is underneath the grip of coronavirus, Odisha authorities on Saturday issued directions to the districts collaborating within the decentralised procurement of rabi paddy starting Could 1 to strictly adhere to COVID-19 protocols on the designated mandis (paddy buy centres).
Whereas fixing the paddy procurement timing from 7 am to 1 pm, the Meals Provides and Shopper Welfare division directed collectors to make sure that every mandi permit solely 30-35 farmers to promote their inventory a day.
If needed extra centres can be opened to keep away from crowd. Registered farmers can be knowledgeable concerning the date and amount of paddy to be bought underneath the minimal help value by way of SMS. They must ship their inventory inside 15 days of receiving their on-line token.
The token can be legitimate for 15 days not like 30 days throughout kharif procurement. If any of the farmers did not carry paddy to the mandi inside per week, an alert message can be despatched to ship his inventory in subsequent 5 days, mentioned Meals Provides and Shopper Welfare Minister RP Swain.
Precedence can be given to small and marginal farmers and sharecroppers. It was determined that token can be issued to 70 per cent small and marginal farmers and the remaining 30 per cent to medium and large farmers on the appointed dates of procurement.
As many as 2,23,222 farmers of 17 districts chosen for rabi paddy procurement have registered on the market of paddy. The procurement will proceed until June 30.