16.9 C
New York
Friday, April 4, 2025
pCloud Premium

Shaheen, Saud, Kamran fined for misconduct in ODI win over South Africa – Sport



131602583ea1ab7

Pakistan players Shaheen Afridi, Saud Shakeel and Kamran Ghulam were fined by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday for misconduct in their match against South Africa.

Shaheen obstructed South African batter Matthew Breetzke as he took a single in Wednesday’s match in Karachi, resulting in physical contact and a heated exchange of words.

The ICC said he would be fined 25 per cent of his match fee for “inappropriate physical contact”.

The statement added that Shakeel and substitute fielder Ghulam would have 10pc of their match fee docked for celebrating too closely to batter Temba Bavuma.

South African skipper Bavuma was run out for 82 in his team’s total of 352-5.

Shakeel and Ghulam were found guilty of “using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batter upon his/her dismissal during an International Match”.

Pakistan chased the highest target they have ever faced in one-day internationals, reaching victory at 355-4 which set up a tri-series final between Pakistan and New Zealand in Karachi on Friday.

The matches are a warmup for the eight-team Champions Trophy which starts next week — Pakistan’s largest international tournament in nearly three decades.

The ICC said Afridi, Shakeel and Ghulam had accepted their sanctions and also received one demerit point on each of their disciplinary records.

After the match, Shaheen admitted he had intended to disrupt Breetzke’s flow.

“I wanted to disturb him because we wanted wickets at that time,” said Shaheen in a mixed zone talk with media. “When he took a single, he barged into me so I barged into him.”

But Breetzke said the heated exchange afterwards was “not serious”.

“Basically, I showed frustration for the shot I played and Shaheen thought I said something to him,” he said. “He came at me and naturally I go back at him.”

“We are friends, it’s all good,” he added.

Since all three players admitted the offences and accepted the sanctions proposed by match referee David Boon, no formal hearings were held.



Source link

Odisha Expo
Odisha Expohttps://www.odishaexpo.com
Odisha Expo is one of the Largest News Aggregator of Odisha, Stay Updated about the latest news with Odisha Expo from around the world. Stay hooked for more updates.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
Best Lifetime Deals on SaaSspot_img

Latest Articles

KKR vs SRH | Violent Venky and precise bowling deny toothless SRH final revenge...

0
Kolkata Knight Riders registered a fourth straight victory over the Sunrisers Hyderabad, in Kolkata on Thursday, after bowling out SRH for 120 in...

Trump’s highest tariff will kill tiny African kingdom of Lesotho, economist says

0
Its foreign minister told Reuters last month the country, which has one of the highest HIV/AIDS infection rates in the world, was already...

NASA’s SPHEREx Mission Sends First Space Images Before Full Sky Survey

0
 NASA's SPHEREx mission has sent back its first images from space. This marks an important step before it begins the full survey of...

Aintree 2025: Lossiemouth triumphs after Constitution Hill falls again

0
"I was disappointed for Michael , Nicky and Nico and the connections of Constitution Hill - and for racing," said Mullins, whose charge...

USA Fencing disqualifies female fencer for refusing to fight trans opponent

0
USA Fencing said on Thursday its decision to disqualify a female fencer from a recent event in Maryland after she refused to compete...