Reflector Leisure had ready to unveil the Unknown 9 Storyworld with a bang — an immersive stay occasion — however the universe had different plans. Seven months later, the transmedia studio has a number of takeaways for reimagining a launch within the period of social distancing.
- Construct group. Unknown 9: Chapters, a web based interactive expertise, encourages gamers to congregate on Discord to share clues and alternate theories.
- Keep clear. Reflector’s audiences appreciated its honesty concerning the postponement and have been supportive.
- Tease what’s subsequent. A U9 novel and sturdy social media presence generated hype main as much as Opening Night time Reside, at which Reflector dropped an emotional trailer for its forthcoming online game. The technique labored: the studio gained Greatest Announcement!
- Put storytelling first. Reflector saved its group knowledgeable concerning the complexities of the transmedia enterprise mannequin, impressing followers with Unknown 9’s depth.
- Suppose digital. Many U9 merchandise have been already designed for digital consumption, so Reflector was ready when occasions moved to on-line areas.
The studio seems ahead to sometime holding in-person occasions, which create undeniably wealthy experiences. However within the meantime, Reflector is conserving its fanbase excited by teasing new merchandise and growing on-line content material.