Bhubaneswar: The Authorities of Odisha has demanded Rs 7,200 crore from the Centre to expedite the railways initiatives, each new and outdated, within the State.
Informing the event, BJD MP (Rajya Sabha) Amar Patnaik on Wednesday stated that the State has demanded Rs 3500 crore for the pending initiatives and Rs 3700 crore for the brand new ones.
“We have now the rights and we should get required funds from the Centre for early completion of the railway initiatives. Our reliable calls for should be fulfilled. The Centre has collected a very good quantity of GST from Odisha throughout Covid-19 restrictions. On this backdrop, we needs to be handled specifically within the finances,” Patnaik stated.
Rubbishing the allegations of State’s failure in buying land, Patnaik stated such assertion has grow to be stereotype. The State has already offered required lands and funds for a lot of initiatives, he claimed.
The Rajya Sabha member additionally wrote to Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, expressing concern over the delay in graduation and completion of many pending and new initiatives regardless that the State has accomplished all formalities.
“The Railways haven’t began work at a number of locations the place the State Authorities has not solely handed over land to the Railways for graduation of labor, but additionally monetary assets have already been tied up by the State for initiation of such works,” Patnaik said.
The initiatives, works of that are but to be commenced are-
- Re-development of Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
- Puri- Konark railway line (Odisha has supplied 50% of land and building price for the mission)
- Gunpur – Theruvalli line
- Wagon Manufacturing facility at Sitalpalli in Ganjam, land for which has already been earmarked.
- Electrical Locomotive POH in Kalahandi
- Khurda- Bolangir line (Solely 15 kilometers out of fifty Km commissioned on Bolangir facet and 76 out of 112 km commissioned on Khurdha facet regardless of availability of required land).
Aside from these pending initiatives, some new initiatives, which had been promised, are but to be taken up, Patnaik talked about.
The proposed new initiatives are-
- Jaleswar- Digha BG New railway line (sanctioned in 2010-11)
- Jharsuguda-Ambikapur railway line by way of Sundargarh
- Mayurbhanj – Buramara to Chakulia
- Bargarh – Nuapada line
- Jajpur – Dhamra
Patnaik additionally demanded passenger railway companies for western Odisha with introduction of Rajdhani Categorical and Tejas Categorical.