Group information and stats forward of the worldwide pleasant between Luxembourg and Scotland on Sunday, stay on Sky Sports activities (kick-off 5pm).
Scotland’s John Fleck stays in isolation after testing constructive for Covid-19, however his six team-mates classed as ‘shut contacts’ and dominated out of their earlier sport with the Netherlands are in a position to return.
Meaning David Marshall, Stephen O’Donnell, Nathan Patterson, Grant Hanley, John McGinn and Che Adams may all characteristic in Luxembourg, though Sheffield United midfielder Fleck will once more miss out.
Steve Clarke plans for each obtainable participant to characteristic in Scotland’s closing warm-up match earlier than their first group sport subsequent week, that means Rangers right-back Nathan Patterson will win his first cap on the Stade Josy Barthel.
“John must isolate till the center of subsequent week,” stated Clarke. “The remainder of the boys have been coaching as regular. Dangerous for John however good for everybody else.
“They skilled day-after-day so no set-backs bodily. You’ll be able to count on to see the others play. They’re all match and obtainable, aside from John, for the Luxembourg sport which is nice.
“We’ll use this sport to take a look at one or two various things. We need to get some minutes into gamers whose season could have completed a short while in the past and perhaps have a look at one or two combos that may stand us in good stead through the match.
“I’ve obtained a number of issues to consider in a single day however it is going to be a very good staff that is on the pitch.”
Boss Clarke believes Scotland’s new-found profitable mentality can assist his aspect grow to be historical past makers at this summer time’s Euro 2020 match.
“The arrogance obtained a giant increase once we certified for the match and you’ll see that within the camp and the angle of the gamers,” he stated forward of Sunday’s sport.
“They know they’ve carried out nicely to get the place they’re however they need to do even higher – and that is an amazing mixture.
“I do not just like the phrase vanity, it is a confidence and perception that if we attain our degree of efficiency, we are able to obtain outcomes towards most groups.
“We did that the opposite night time (against the Netherlands) and it is a mindset now we have to take into the match and three very powerful sport towards troublesome opponents.
“It is good when a prime coach like (Jose) Mourinho says that and he is in all probability appeared on the high quality of participant now we have within the squad and it is all spherical energy in addition to latest outcomes.
“There is a good likelihood we are able to come out of the group however now we have to ensure we get our preparation proper, play these video games and get the factors required to get to the following stage.”
Methods to observe
Luxembourg vs Scotland shall be proven stay on Sky Sports activities Soccer on Sunday; kick-off 5pm. Sky Sports activities prospects can watch in-game clips within the stay match weblog on the Sky Sports activities web site and app. Highlights may even be printed on the Sky Sports activities digital platforms and the Sky Sports activities Soccer YouTube channel shortly after the ultimate whistle.
Final day trip…
- That is Luxembourg and Scotland’s first assembly since a November 2012 pleasant match on the Stade Josy Barthel in Luxembourg Metropolis, a 2-1 win for Scotland because of a Jordan Rhodes brace.
- Luxembourg have by no means overwhelmed Scotland in any of their 4 conferences (D1 L3), scoring only one objective and conceding 11 instances. They prevented defeat as soon as, a goalless attract a Euro 1988 qualifier.
- Luxembourg have misplaced six of their final eight house matches in all competitions (W1 D1), with their solitary win on this run coming towards Cyprus within the UEFA Nations League in October 2020.
- Scotland have misplaced their final 5 pleasant matches on Sundays since profitable 4-1 towards Trinidad and Tobago in Could 2004 underneath Berti Vogts at Easter Highway.
- Luxembourg have misplaced 20 of their 23 worldwide matches towards the British house nations (England, Northern Eire, Scotland, Wales), profitable one and drawing two. Their one win was the final time they hosted a house nation, profitable 3-2 towards Northern Eire in a World Cup qualifier in September 2013 in Luxembourg Metropolis.
- That is Scotland’s final match earlier than their first sport on the European Championship. They’ve received their final sport main as much as a significant match (Euros & World Cup) forward of simply one in all their earlier seven appearances (D3 L3), a 2-1 win over Malta earlier than the 1990 World Cup. They’ve failed to attain in six of their earlier seven such matches.
- Luxembourg’s Danel Sinani has been instantly concerned in seven targets in eight begins at Stade Josy Barthel for his nationwide staff, netting 4 targets and helping thrice.
- Of their 2-2 draw with Netherland’s final day trip, Scotland had two gamers (Jack Hendry & Kevin Nisbet) rating their first ever worldwide objective in a single sport for the primary time since October 2019 versus San Marino (Stuart Findlay & Lawrence Shankland). Ryan Christie was the final participant to attain in back-to-back away appearances for the Scots (a run of three between November 2019 – November 2020).