17.8 C
New York
Friday, April 4, 2025
pCloud Premium

Jonathan Majors’ ex-girlfriend drops assault and defamation lawsuit after reaching settlement


Jonathan Majors’ ex-girlfriend has dropped her assault and defamation lawsuit against the once-rising Hollywood star after reaching a settlement.

Lawyers for Majors and Grace Jabbari agreed to dismiss the case with prejudice, according to a joint filing in Manhattan federal court Thursday.

Jabbari’s lawyer said Friday that the suit was “favorably settled” but declined to elaborate.

“Grace Jabbari has exhibited tremendous courage throughout this very long and difficult process,” attorney Brittany Henderson said in a statement. “We hope that she can finally put this chapter behind her and move forward with her head held high.”

Representatives for Majors didn’t respond to emails seeking comment Friday.

Jabbari, in her lawsuit filed in March, accused the 35-year-old Marvel and “Creed III” star of subjecting her to escalating incidents of physical and verbal abuse during their relationship, including assault, battery, defamation and infliction of emotional distress.

The British dancer filed the suit months after Majors was convicted of misdemeanor assault and harassment in connection with an altercation in Manhattan.

During a fight that began in the backseat of a chauffeured car before spilling out into the streets, Jabbari said Majors hit her head with his open hand, twisted her arm behind her back and squeezed her middle finger until it fractured.

Majors claimed Jabbari had flown into a jealous rage and was the aggressor and that he was only trying to regain his phone and get away safely.

Majors avoided jail time but was ordered by a judge in April to complete a yearlong counseling program.

Following the guilty verdict, Majors was immediately dropped by Marvel Studios, which had cast him as Kang the Conqueror, a role envisioned as the main villain in the entertainment empire’s movies and television shows for years to come.

Majors and Jabbari met in 2021 on the set of Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” in which Majors played Kang and Jabbari served as a movement coach.

Majors has slowly reemerged on the Hollywood scene in recent weeks.

His long-shelved film “Magazine Dreams” was acquired for theatrical release last month.

The bodybuilder drama had garnered early Oscar buzz for Majors, but was dropped by its distributors following his conviction last December.

Earlier this month, Majors and fellow actor Meagan Good announced their engagement at the Ebony Power 100 Gala in Los Angeles.



Source link

Odisha Expo
Odisha Expohttps://www.odishaexpo.com
Odisha Expo is one of the Largest News Aggregator of Odisha, Stay Updated about the latest news with Odisha Expo from around the world. Stay hooked for more updates.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
Best Lifetime Deals on SaaSspot_img

Latest Articles

LSG vs MI | Twitter reacts as Rishabh Pant’s patience runs out with Avesh...

0
When things don’t go your way, composure and backing your teammates become crucial. However, Lucknow skipper Rishabh Pant fell short of that standard...

A warden acquired Idaho’s lethal injection drugs offsite on a rural road ahead of...

0
A discreet delivery pulled up outside of Idaho’s maximum-security prison near Boise in the state’s exhaustive quest for lethal injection drugs 1 1⁄2...

Aintree 2025: Jonbon wins Melling Chase for Nico de Boinville and Nicky Henderson

0
Odds-on favourite Jonbon won the Melling Chase on day two of the Grand National meeting at Aintree. The nine-year-old, who was 4-6 favourite,...

Ja Morant fined $75,000 by NBA for repeated finger gun gestures

0
Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant is facing a $75,000 fine from the NBA after making finger gun gestures twice during Thursday night's game...

De Bruyne says he will leave Man City at end of season – Sport

0
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne confirmed on Friday that he will leave the club at the end of the season. De Bruyne, 33,...