D Journal is hiring an internet arts editor to handle the FrontRow section of the website. The job is two-pronged: you’ll dive into Dallas tradition, changing into a trusted voice on visible artwork, music, dance, theater, tv, and extra. Additionally, you will assist our readers discover the very best issues to do within the metropolis — streaming, for now, however finally in-person, as soon as it’s secure to collect. The job requires reporting, writing, and enhancing. Along with your personal tales, you’ll handle freelancers who contribute to the part. There will likely be alternatives so that you can work on longer narrative and repair tasks, as properly. The place will likely be situated in downtown Dallas however carried out remotely till it’s secure to return to the workplace. The job is full time, with advantages. We will likely be accepting functions by Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Report, edit, and assign tales to maintain the FrontRow part lively and updated
- Handle weekly occasions listings in our Issues to Do web page and within the month-to-month print Agenda
- Occasional work on longform narrative and repair items
- Handle a secure of freelance contributors
- Write and ship a weekly publication centered on Dallas arts and occasions
- Develop headlines, subheds, picture captions, and different show kind
The Expertise We’re Trying For:
- At the least two to 3 years of expertise reporting and/or line enhancing for print or on-line (could be time spent freelancing)
- Can handle freelancers and steadiness your personal reporting and writing
- Desirous to work in a collaborative setting
- Terrific with language, a powerful voice
- Familiarity with search engine optimization greatest practices
- Will need to have a ardour for, and ideally data of, Dallas arts and tradition
Learn how to Apply:
- Ship a résumé, cowl letter, and not more than 5 clips to [email protected]. Please kind “FrontRow Editor Software” into the topic line.