George Summers and his theatrical troupe started acting at an open air theatre on the escarpment simply beside the highest of the Wentworth Road Incline Railway in 1904.
The Summers Inventory Firm modified the title to the Mountain Park Theatre in 1906, the Mountain Theatre in 1908, and in 1911 to the Summers Mountain Theatre. The group carried out each summer time by means of 1914.
On Dec. 21, 1914, the theatre burned to the bottom. It was by no means rebuilt.
The Summers Mountain Theatre was the primary massive leisure venue to maneuver to the Mountain. It drew hundreds of individuals to Hamilton’s second tier who wouldn’t have gone there in any other case. Though seasonal, the venue, run by George and Belle Summers, was in style and worthwhile.
1903: An escarpment edge theatre provided an ideal venue for theatre with 700 seats.
August 1904: The Summers Inventory Firm first carried out on the mountain prime theatre
1906: Identify modified to Mountain Park Theatre
1908: Identify modified to Mountain Theatre
July 11,1908: The Spectator reported that George Summers was constructing a house close to the theatre and the household settled in Hamilton
1911: Identify modified to Summers Mountain Theatre
1914: George Summers was planning a brand new 2,000-seat theatre on the identical location which might be the biggest theatre in Hamilton.
Dec. 21, 1914: The theatre burned to the bottom. It was by no means rebuilt.