Bhubaneswar: In view of the resurgence of the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic throughout Odisha, the state authorities on Friday reiterated its path to all authorities and personal hospitals having services for remedy of the illness to arrange Assist Desk.
It a letter to district collectors, municipal commissioners, deans and principals of medical schools and hospitals and CDM & PHOs, PK Mohapatra, further chief secretary, Well being and Household Welfare division has directed to strictly implement the federal government advisory on Assist Desk with quick impact so as to ease the administration of COVID services throughout the state.
Mohapatra mentioned regardless of the federal government’s advisory issued on April 22 for establishing the Assist Desk to supply data to the close to and pricey ones of the COVID-19 sufferers being handled in COVID services, complaints are being acquired that they weren’t getting any suggestions on the standing of the sufferers.
After cautious examination of the matter, the federal government has stipulated the next pointers to be adopted for establishing the devoted Assist Desk in every COVID-19 facility with quick impact:
- Every facility (each authorities and personal) shall mandatorily arrange a devoted Assist Desk to operate 24×7.
- The assistance desk will need to have a devoted phone ideally a toll-free quantity
- The toll-free helpline variety of the assistance desk have to be intimated to the State
Degree Authorised Officer i.e. Addl DMET, Dr Umakant Satpathy
- The toll-free numbers of all services must be broadly notified to the
- The assistance desk shall be manned with enough personnel in order to attend all calls
around the clock in shift method. Other than telephonic communication, the assistance desk shall use the social media like WhatsApp and so on to speak the voice and footage of the affected person to the attendants of the affected person
- A devoted convention room could also be arrange exterior the power with provision of TV and cameras which could be linked with CCTVs put in inside the power in order that the attendant can see his affected person and speak with him/her.
- Steps shall be taken to gather and document the contact numbers of the affected person at
the time of admission and even when not inquired by the attendant of the affected person, a
basic data of the situation of the affected person shall be communicated by SMS or WhatsApp to the attendant of the affected person day by day at the least as soon as
The letter additional mentioned any violation of the above provisions and non-functioning of the assistance desk will result in obligatory motion as deemed match towards the erring hospital.