The Odisha authorities on Wednesday granted permission for reopening of hostels for college kids of Class 10 and Class 12 within the State for the tutorial session 2021-22.
As per a notification issued by the State Faculty and Mass Training Division, hostels for the scholars of Class X and Class XII will reopen from July 26, 2021.
Hostels of faculties communing below the management of S&ME division, ST&SC Improvement, Minorities and Backward Lessons Welfare division, Social Safety and Empowerment of Individuals with Disabilities division, non-public faculties and privately managed English Medium Colleges will probably be reopen from July 26, S&ME Extra Secretary Pratap Kumar Mishra stated in a letter.
The division has issued following SOPs for reopening of hostels:
- The Head of the Institute / Hostel ought to make sure that college students are stored at applicable distance and staggered method
- The widespread space within the Hostel like Mess and Rest room is maintained and sanitized correctly with common interval. Enough amount of Cleaning soap / Hand Sanitizes have to be made obtainable by the Institutes to be used of the Residents.
- The scholars staying the Hostel must be counselled correctly about Well being and Hygiene.
- Parental consent have to be obtained by the coed earlier than Becoming a member of Within the Hostel.
- The Head of the Institute have to be in contact with the native Well being Institute to make sure periodic well being examine of the inmates
- The Tips issued by the Well being & Household Welfare division and SRC-cum-ACS (DM) have to be adopted scrupulously
- The residents should not be allowed to congregate at a given place contained in the Hostel and the Hostel Authorities have to be vigilant to that impact.
- There must be an Isolation room obtainable contained in the Hostel and if some residents fall seeks, he/she must be remoted instantly and correct care must be taken for his/her remedy.
The S&ME division stated that different Departments like ST&SC Improvement, Minorities and Backward Lessons Welfare Division & Social Safety and Empowerment of Individuals with Disabilities division might problem further Tips / SOP, if that’s the case want.
“Nonetheless, the Guideline issued by Well being & Household Welfare division and SRC Odisha sometimes on Covid-19 will probably be adopted strictly within the strategy of reopening of hostels,” the notification added.