- The size of the Chenab bridge will probably be 1,315 metres with 17 spans, of which the span of the principle arch throughout Chenab river will probably be 467m.
With the completion of its majestic arches on Monday, the development of the enduring Chenab Arch Bridge, which is able to soar 359 metres above the mattress of the river and 30 metres increased than the Eiffel Tower in Paris, will attain one other milestone. The bridge will present the much-needed all-weather connectivity between Kashmir and the remainder of the county. The bottom ends of the main arch have already been linked, after which the higher arch will now be accomplished and the 2 will now be closed. The following step can be the laying of the tracks.
Right here’s all the things it’s essential to know concerning the Chenab Arch Bridge:
1. The bridge is a part of an bold 272-km rail hyperlink undertaking and is being constructed by the Northern Railway at an estimated value of ₹28,000 crore.
2. The bridge will have the ability to face up to earthquakes with a magnitude of as much as eight and high-intensity blasts.
3. The bridge, which is able to embody a 14-metre twin carriageway and a 1.2-metre-wide central verge, could have a design velocity of round 100 kilometres per hour with a lifespan of 120 years.
4. Metal was particularly chosen for the development of the bridge as it should make the undertaking extra economical. The steel may also give you the chance to withstand temperatures of minus 20 diploma Celsius and wind speeds of above 200 kilometre per hour.
5. The preparations of the rail hyperlink started in 2002 and the preliminary plan was to attach Kashmir’s northernmost metropolis Baramulla to New Delhi. The undertaking was given excessive precedence by the Bharatiya Janata Occasion (BJP)-led Atal Bihari Vajpayee authorities however the undertaking suffered a number of delays owing to the climate situations and contractual points, in keeping with officers.
6. Work on the bridge began once more in July 2017 with the goal of finishing the development by the top of 2019 however as a consequence of contractual points in 2018, it was delayed. The coronavirus pandemic additionally added to the delay within the building of the undertaking and the revised guideline for the completion of the undertaking has now been for December 2021.
(with company inputs)