Whilst Odisha has recorded the second-highest lightning actions within the nation until June finish of this yr, coming days in August will add extra to the State’s lightning woes. Because the monsoon will go weak in Odisha until August 15, the climate mannequin forecasts present common lightning actions in the course of the interval between 11 am to 11 pm.
The ECMWF huge alert for the State is as many as 15 districts of Kalahandi, Nuapada, Bolangir, Sonepur, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Sundargarh, Deogarh, Angul, Cuttack, Nayagarh, Boudh, Kandhamal, Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar are predicted to witness reasonable to extreme lightning within the morning hours on August 12.
The forecast exhibits heavy downpours at many locations in Keonjhar and Mayurbhanj. Few locations within the district could file extreme lightning. Furthermore, there’s additionally a forecast of extreme lightning at one or two locations within the Ganjam, Cuttack and Kendrapada districts.
Odisha Once more In Prime Lightning League
Based on the information with IMD, Odisha had recorded a complete of two.76 lakh cloud-to-ground lightning flashes within the first half of 2021. West Bengal topped the nation with over 3 lakh recorded flashes.
As per the information, Odisha and its neighbourhood have emerged because the lightning hub this yr. Whereas WB topped the nation, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand have been ranked at second, third and fourth, respectively.
A year-on-year comparability exhibits that Odisha had recorded the bottom ever cloud-to-ground lightning flashes, totalling to mere 60,403, in 2020. With over 5.6 lakh cloud-to-ground lightning flashes, the State had topped the nation within the yr 2019. Within the first half of the present yr, the State had already recorded almost half of the overall lightning counts recorded in 2019.
Lightning Forecast Until Aug 15
- Aug 7, round 7-8 pm: Lightning possible at locations in Deogarh-Angul and Sambalpur – Jharsuguda districts.
- Aug 8, Morning Hours: At Locations in Deogarh-Sundargarh and Sambalpur-Jharsuguda districts. Extreme lightning forecast at few locations in Jagatsinghpur, Puri and Khordha districts at round 11 am -1 pm.
- Aug 9 11 am – 12 pm: Forecast of extreme lightning at few locations in districts of Bhadrak and Cuttack.
- Aug 11, 5 – 6 pm: Lightning possible at locations in districts of Puri, Sambalpur, Ganjam and locations like Rourkela.
- Aug 13,11am – 12 pm: Lightning could strike locations like Puri and Berhampur.
- Aug 15, 10 am -12 pm: Lightning possible in Puri and at locations in Kendrapada.
On the seventy fifth Independence Day, most locations in districts of Puri, Khordha, Ganjam (Berhampur) and Kalahandi could file mild rain.