21 C
New York
Friday, April 4, 2025
pCloud Premium

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt reach settlement 8 years after filing for divorce



241231 angelina jolie brad pitt divorce 0504 ps 66d0eb

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have finally reached a divorce settlement, eight years after legal filings confirmed their acrimonious split, a lawyer for Jolie confirmed Monday night.

“More than eight years ago, Angelina filed for divorce from Mr. Pitt. She and the children left all of the properties they had shared with Mr. Pitt, and since that time she has focused on finding peace and healing for their family,” James Simon of Hersh Mannis said in a statement.

“This is just one part of a long ongoing process that started eight years ago. Frankly, Angelina is exhausted, but she is relieved this one part is over,” he added.

Pitt’s legal team declined to comment.

Hollywood stars Pitt, 61, and Jolie, 49, became one of the most high-profile couples in the world when they got together after meeting on the set of “Mr. and Mrs. Smith,” in which they co-starred. When the couple married in 2014 they had already earned their own tabloid neologism: Brangelina.

They were granted a “bifurcated judgment” in 2019, which meant they were legally separated but still technically married.

Jolie’s initial filing in September 2016 cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason she was seeking divorce. They have six children, ranging in age from 16 to 23.

The former couple have since played out their very public split in the courts, with each attacking the other through lawyers.

In 2018 Jolie accused Pitt of not paying “meaningful child support” in the year-and-a-half period since their breakup.

Pitt alleged in a court filing the next day that Jolie was attempting to “manipulate media coverage” and pointed out that he had given her a $8 million loan and paid more than $1.3 million in bills. Jolie’s team said she would honor the loan but maintained that this did not constitute child support payments.

In 2022 Jolie accused her estranged husband of physical and verbal abuse on a 2016 transatlantic flight from France to Los Angeles, during which he allegedly choked one of their children. It was this alleged incident that prompted divorce proceedings, according to a court filing from Jolie.

A lawyer for Pitt said at the time: “Brad has owned everything he’s responsible for from day one — unlike the other side — but he’s not going to own anything he didn’t do.”

No criminal charges were ever filed against Pitt and in 2016 both the FBI and the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services closed an investigation into allegations of abuse on board the flight.



Source link

Odisha Expo
Odisha Expohttps://www.odishaexpo.com
Odisha Expo is one of the Largest News Aggregator of Odisha, Stay Updated about the latest news with Odisha Expo from around the world. Stay hooked for more updates.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
Best Lifetime Deals on SaaSspot_img

Latest Articles

Ange Postecoglou – fan jeers and a cupped ear: Is Tottenham head coach feeling...

0
Tottenham head coach Ange Postecoglou is looking more isolated than ever.The Australian directed a brief clap towards the furious travelling away fans from...

Trump backs remote voting for new parents amid House GOP impasse

0
President Donald Trump backed an effort Thursday to allow remote voting by House lawmakers who are new parents, directly inserting himself into a...

Final Four: Why this 'uncommon' UCLA team has worked out (and dominated) this college...

0
Final Four: Why this 'uncommon' UCLA team has worked out (and dominated) this college basketball season  Yahoo Sports Source link

Senate Republicans vote to advance a massive budget blueprint for Trump’s agenda

0
WASHINGTON — The Republican-led Senate voted 52-48 on Thursday to begin debate on a budget blueprint for a multitrillion-dollar package to pass President...

King Charles urged to step back from royal duties after hospitalisation over cancer treatment...

0
King Charles has been advised to scale back his royal duties following a brief hospitalisation due to temporary side effects from his cancer...