By Patrick Burnson, Govt Editor ·
June 3, 2021
Desperate to keep away from a repeat of the challenges of 2020, provide chain leaders wish to expertise to construct larger relevance to clients, stronger resilience to disruptions, and enhanced accountability to society and the planet.
New findings from Accenture’s Know-how Imaginative and prescient 2021, primarily based on responses from greater than 600 provide chain leaders, reveal that 81% of executives mentioned the pandemic has been their group’s largest stress take a look at. In reality, the identical quantity agree they’re going through technological modifications at unprecedented pace and scale.
The report explores key developments and priorities for provide chain executives, together with:
- Harnessing the Energy of Digital Twins with mirror world simulations, offering enterprises the liberty to discover new concepts and ask limitless “what-if” questions in a risk-free, digital atmosphere;
- Democratizing Know-how by instruments like pure language processing, low-code platforms, robotic course of automation to place highly effective capabilities into the arms of individuals all throughout the enterprise;
- Reimagining Partnerships and Multiparty Techniques to make sure corporations have the chance to keep away from the identical errors of the previous and craft a brand new path ahead utilizing multiparty programs, enabling shared information infrastructure between people and organizations that drive effectivity and construct new enterprise and income fashions;
Kris Timmermans, who leads Accenture’s Provide Chain & Operations follow mentioned in an interview that offer chain executives imagine expertise is now strategically vital to their companies and so they’re going through technological modifications at an unprecedented pace and scale.
“As they give the impression of being to digitize their provide chains, they’re seeing how expertise can additional infuse into their provide chains larger buyer relevance, stronger resilience and even enhanced accountability to enterprise, society and the planet, whereas nonetheless being price environment friendly,” he says.
He provides that the findings round cloud had been particularly compelling.
“Cloud is now the top-priority expertise for provide chain executives, cited by 42%. Almost all (93%) provide chain executives anticipate 50% or extra of their enterprise to be within the cloud within the subsequent three years,” says Timmermans
“Along with driving pace, agility, scale and visibility, cloud performs a key position in social and environmental sustainability and accountability. Utilizing cloud-native architectures and sustainable software program engineering can cut back carbon emissions by 5-10% every – making a greener expertise stack general.”
- Democratized expertise may also help shut the abilities hole. Whereas extremely technical skillsets stay in demand, leaders can use democratized expertise to domesticate a lot of what they want inside their present workforce;
- To activate a grassroots layer of innovation, enterprises want to coach their folks to suppose like technologists. Coaching packages should cowl methods to use numerous democratized instruments in addition to general expertise literacy; and
- Democratization is breaking down conventional divisions between the expertise and enterprise sides of the group. Leaders might want to rethink the roles of their IT and non-IT employees and reimagine how they collaborate.
June 3, 2021
Concerning the Writer
Patrick Burnson, Govt Editor
Mr. Burnson is a widely-published author and editor specializing in worldwide commerce, international logistics, and provide chain administration. He’s primarily based in San Francisco, the place he offers a Pacific Rim perspective on business developments and forecasts. He could also be reached at his downtown workplace: [email protected]
Subscribe to Logistics Administration Journal!
Subscribe at this time. It is FREE!
Get well timed insider data that you need to use to higher handle your whole logistics operation.
Start your FREE subscription today!