17.8 C
New York
Saturday, April 5, 2025
pCloud Premium

Ford aims to boost EV sales, address owner concerns with new benefits program



240930 Ford Mustang Mach E electric vehicle se 1119a b5e9db

DETROIT — Ford Motor is aiming to boost sales of its electric vehicles by addressing potential customer concerns through a new program that includes free home-charging installation and other benefits.

The “Ford Power Promise” program begins Tuesday for customers who purchase or lease a new Ford EV such as the F-150 Lightning pickup truck or Mustang Mach-E crossover. Part of the goal is to relieve financial burdens of EV ownership such as the need for a home charger. The program also seeks to educate new EV owners about the transition from traditional gas vehicles.

“Absolutely, we’re trying to grow our business but the best way we can grow our business is to serve our customers well,” Marin Gjaja, chief operating officer for Ford’s Model e EV business, told CNBC. “Filling up at home is really key, but so is confidence in the durability and life of the battery.”

The program launches as EV sales grow at a slower rate than many previously expected. Early adopters fled to the vehicles, but automakers have experienced problems expanding sales to mass market buyers due to costs, charging infrastructure and other hurdles.

Ford’s program aims to address many of those concerns, Gjaja said. It was conceived to address what Ford is calling “change anxiety,” a play on the common industry concept of “range anxiety,” which refers to the fear of an electric vehicle losing battery power between charging stations.

Chasing Tesla

“This is something we think is great for our customer, but we also think the way it’s set up, it’ll provide education for shoppers and intenders as well,” Gjaja said. “We’re trying to get people off the fence.”

The program will include standard installation of a $1,310 level-two home charger, complimentary 24-hour advisor service and roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

If customers do not need a home charger or they opt out of the program, they will instead be provided a $2,000 cash equivalent toward the purchase or lease of the vehicle. The advisor and roadside assistance also will be available for current Ford EV owners.

The free EV charger installation offer is currently only good for the fourth quarter, however Gjaja said the company could extend the time frame of that offer.

The company said it’s also going to ramp up information around its existing 8-year or 100,000-mile battery warranty — an industry standard that Ford found many consumers were unaware of with its EVs.

“We want to make sure people understand we’ve got your back on the battery, and the battery can be serviced,” Gjaja said.

Ford’s EV warranty covers all of a vehicle’s high voltage system in addition to the battery. Other components are covered for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The company did not disclose a potential expense for the new “Ford Power Promise” program.

Ford was the third-bestselling automaker of EVs through the first half of the year, behind U.S. industry leader Tesla and Hyundai Motor, including its Genesis luxury brand and Kia sibling.

Selling EVs remains a complicated equation for legacy automakers such as Ford. EVs lose money or remain far less profitable than gas-powered models, but they help automakers meet tightening federal fuel economy standards and are a growth area for companies.



Source link

Odisha Expo
Odisha Expohttps://www.odishaexpo.com
Odisha Expo is one of the Largest News Aggregator of Odisha, Stay Updated about the latest news with Odisha Expo from around the world. Stay hooked for more updates.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
Best Lifetime Deals on SaaSspot_img

Latest Articles

LSG vs MI | Twitter reacts as Rishabh Pant’s patience runs out with Avesh...

0
When things don’t go your way, composure and backing your teammates become crucial. However, Lucknow skipper Rishabh Pant fell short of that standard...

A warden acquired Idaho’s lethal injection drugs offsite on a rural road ahead of...

0
A discreet delivery pulled up outside of Idaho’s maximum-security prison near Boise in the state’s exhaustive quest for lethal injection drugs 1 1⁄2...

Aintree 2025: Jonbon wins Melling Chase for Nico de Boinville and Nicky Henderson

0
Odds-on favourite Jonbon won the Melling Chase on day two of the Grand National meeting at Aintree. The nine-year-old, who was 4-6 favourite,...

Ja Morant fined $75,000 by NBA for repeated finger gun gestures

0
Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant is facing a $75,000 fine from the NBA after making finger gun gestures twice during Thursday night's game...

De Bruyne says he will leave Man City at end of season – Sport

0
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne confirmed on Friday that he will leave the club at the end of the season. De Bruyne, 33,...