Caeleb Dressel, one of many world’s most dominant male swimmers, received off to a robust begin within the 2020 Tokyo Olympics by main the U.S. to gold within the males’s 4×100-meter freestyle relay. The U.S. completed with a time of three:08:97, simply forward of the silver medalist Italy and bronze medalist Australia.
Led by Dressel, the U.S. group earned gold behind robust efforts from Blake Pieroni, Bowen Becker and Zach Apple — who had the perfect cut up of any of the Individuals with a 46.06 anchor.
After ending with two gold medals within the 2016 Rio Olympics, Dressel is off to an analogous trajectory this time round.
Dressel may have much more photographs at gold over the course of this yr’s Video games.
Under are the following occasions Dressel is ready to compete in. Comply with together with CBS Sports activities for our reside updates of the group’s and Dressel’s try makes an attempt at gold:
(All occasions jap)
Males’s 100-meter freestyle
- Heats: Tuesday, July 27, 6:20 a.m.
- Remaining: Wednesday, July 28, 10:37 p.m.
Males’s 100-meter butterfly
- Heats: Thursday, July 29, 6:59 a.m.
- Remaining: Friday, July 30, 9:30 p.m.
Males’s 50-meter freestyle
- Heats: Friday, July 30, 6:15 a.m.
- Semifinals: Friday, July 30, 10:11 p.m.
- Remaining: Saturday, July 31, 9:30 p.m.