For lengthy now, Odisha had the fame of being one of many poorest Indian states amongst others. The state on the jap coast of India battles pure disasters like floods, cyclones, and so on. virtually yearly. However not too long ago, we have now been listening to constructive and empowering issues from the state. A lot so, that it will not be unsuitable to say that Odisha is main the best way and setting examples for the remainder of India.
This is just a few initiatives and success tales from the state within the latest previous that make us proud.
1. Odisha is the primary state in India to launch children-friendly studying and exercise centres at police stations with the purpose of mending the public-police divide.
These centres are referred to as ‘Anand Ghar’ and have been designed like another youngsters’s room. The initiative referred to as ‘Let’s Learn’, will contain studying books, studying computer systems and different enjoyable actions for youngsters.
2. Two villages of Odisha have been recognised as ‘Tsunami Prepared’, a primary in the whole Indian Ocean areas.
Venkatraipur village of Rangeilunda block in Ganjam district and Noliasahi village of Ersama block in Jagatsinghpur district have been acknowledged by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Fee (IOC) of UNESCO for larger preparedness to face the tsunami catastrophe.
3. Odisha is the primary state within the country to obtain ISO certification for hostels meant for tribal college students.
4. Odisha CM announced Good Well being Playing cards for its residents to supply free and high quality healthcare services.
The state authorities will problem digital Good Well being Playing cards to three.5 crore individuals within the state. These playing cards will work as debite playing cards as much as a specific amount.
5. Puri is the first city in India to have city-wide entry to protected ingesting faucet water.
Following Puri, the state governments goals to attain this in different cities too.
The State Authorities has deliberate to cowl all city areas of Odisha by March 2022, making it the primary state to take action in India. Supplying drink-from-tap high quality water to each residence, much like developed nations like USA, England, Japan, Singapore.
6. Odisha is the proud state to sponsor the Indian Nationwide Hockey groups that carried out expectionally effectively on the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
In 2018, Odisha had signed a ₹100 crore cope with Hockey India for sponsoring the boys’s and ladies’s groups for five years. Now when the contract is getting over in 2023, the state authorities has as soon as once more expressed its willingness to sponsor each the boys’s and ladies’s groups for the subsequent 10 years.
7. Odisha is the primary Indian state to present a local weather finances in 2020.
It is a big step to additional local weather change mitigation insurance policies and strenghten the state’s preparedness.
8. India’s first devoted and the most important hospital for therapy of Covid-19 sufferers, turned operational in Bhubaneshwar when the pandemic struck.
The unique Covid hospital is supplied with 500 beds together with 42 important beds.
9. Bhubaneswar, the capital metropolis of Odisha, became first metropolis in India to have vaccinated 100% of its inhabitants towards Covid-19.
The state not too long ago additionally crossed an essential landmark of finishing two crore vaccinations.
10. Odisha set an example for the whole nation with its mission to empower ladies and youngsters.
Mission Shakti, the programme launched by the Odisha authorities has helped over 70 lakh ladies turn into self-reliant, each financially and socially.
11. Three senior IAS officers in Odisha joined the federal government’s ‘Mo College’ marketing campaign and adopted three colleges for improvement.
12. IAS and IPS officers from Odisha, who’re additionally medical doctors, donned the hats of medical practitioners to assist cope with the COVID-19 scenario.
An Indian state and its achievements not many individuals know of.